Launched for the first time at London's Olympia in 1980, World Travel Market is the leading global event for the travel industry to meet industry professionals and conduct business deals.
Nowadays, it is held at the Excel London centre, where it gathers more than 50 000 global travel professionals.
The fair is divided into geographical regions in order to make it easier for attendees to navigate around the show. The areas are:
- Asia/Pacific & Indian Ocean
- Americas & the Caribbean
- Middle East
- UK & Ireland
- Global Village (has the leading international brands operating as hotel chains, wholesalers and car rental companies from across the globe.)
- Travel Technology (where you'll find technology suppliers including Global Distribution Systems, Hotel Technology/Reservation Systems and Online Travel Agencies).
In the WTM you will find products & services such as: spas, hotel chains, resorts, airlines, apartments, caravans, tourism organizations. cruise lines, golf resorts, museums, travel agencies, theme parks, etc...
The WTM represents a great opportunity to meet new professionals, increase your network, establish new partnerships, and, of course, find new customers and potential clients. Besides, according to official data:
- 57% of the visitors have direct purchasing responsibility
- on average, 300 000 new business connections are made each year at the event
- more than 9 000 qualified WTM Buyers' Club members attend the event.
- close to 3 000 members of the international press come to WTM each year.
If you want to be an exhibitor, contact our team of experts. They will find you the best exhibition stand contractors in London. Don't forget: in this type of fairs, it is very important to be creative!
Beyond the fair
WTM also organizes many other activities, including the amazing WTM Vision Series, and a big seminar program on site. It is a great opportunity to discover the latest travel trends and new concepts. Here you can make new industry contacts and network with colleagues you recognise by reputation. Take a look on WTM's official page and find out which conferences will be presented this year.
And if you're concerned about the environment, WTM hosts the world's most comprehensive, searching and thought-provoking agenda on responsible tourism. It aims to bring together travel companies, organisations and individuals interested in spreading sustainable practices and ethical methods within the travel industry. An absolute must!